3 Day DSP Toolkit Training Course (London)
Course delivered by privacy and cyber security experts
All courses will be delivered by two privacy and cyber security experts who have significant project
experience working with clients on NHS DSPT and other compliance-related projects. During the courses, the consultants will lead a lively debate on the challenges, solutions, practical issues and other details involved with establishing good privacy and cyber security controls within organisations of all sizes.
Their industry certifications include (ISC)2 CISSP, IAPP CIPP/E, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and ISACA CISM. The consultants have delivered over 40 IG and DSPT projects from GP surgery’s, NHS bodies, NHS healthcare providers, specialist health diagnostic’s organisations, pharmaceutical companies and other’s.
Day 1 - Introduction to NHS DSP Toolkit and how to make a successful submission
This course is targeted at individuals who are new to managing a DSP Toolkit programme or have been tasked to make a DSP Toolkit submission. The course will boost their knowledge and help them fast track their preparations to make a successful submission. The course is also appropriate for staff that help with cyber security (or privacy) who are potentially new to the NHS (or healthcare in general), or those staff that have been given specific DSP Toolkit responsibilities and want to find out more. Day 1 - what is covered?
Day 2 - Privacy and the DSP Toolkit
This course is designed to give a deep dive into privacy and the UK GDPR and how this relates to the DSP Toolkit. The course provides an overview and explanation of the key UK GDPR requirements together with insight as to how to run an effective data protection programme and help support an organisation’s DSP Toolkit submission. The course will principally focus on the data protection requirements contained within DSP Standard 1, that covers how personal confidential data is handled, stored and protected whether in electronic or paper form.Day 2 - what is covered?
Day 3 - Cyber Security and the DSP Toolkit
This course focuses on the need for good cyber security and how information security management is used to help reduce and manage risk. The course covers the key principles of managing cyber risk and includes practical solutions and guidelines for implementing an effective cyber security protection programme as part of an organisation’s DSP Toolkit project. The course will principally focus on meeting the IT security elements of the DSP Toolkit submission.Day 3 - what is covered?
Condensed 2 Day training Course
This course is also available as a two day training course, for those who do not need day 1 : Introduction to NHS DSP Toolkit and how to make a successful submission. This course starts on day 2 of the 3 day training course.2 day training course option
- All bookings paid for online will attract a 10% discount.
- Additional delegates from the same organisation are eligible for a 20% discount on the same DSPT course. A DSPT course is run once a month and consists of 3 available days.
- Oranisation’s will also receive a training voucher worth 50% of booking fee that can be used for other delegates attending DSPT courses**
- All delegates will be eligible for a free consultation (of up to 3 man-hours) for a DSP Toolkit related query. The free delegate consultancy must be claimed by 1st July 2023.
- Course are also scheduled for January, February and March 2023. See www.dlp-assured.com/training for dates.
- Rail strike—the course will not run if a rail strike or other disruption occurs. In this event, delegates can select another course date in the next 3 months. Delegates will be notified at least 3 weeks in advance of the confirmed course date.
- All attendees will receive a course certificate. An optional multiple choice test is available for those wanting to certify.
- Courses will be run in central London.
- DLP Assured is a G-Cloud approved supplier.
- * price quoted excludes VAT
- Course day counts as 6 hours towards your Continual Professional Development (CPD)
+44 (0)203 397 0142
DLP Assured Services Limited
152 - 160 City Road